Black and white image of the first Jewish Community Centre with ivy on its facade at 11th & Oak Street. The construction for the building was completed in the fall of 1928. The first JCC provided a headquarters for Jewish community offices, meeting rooms and athletic facilities. Built on the instigation and financial support of Samuel Lodge B'nai Brith. The building was originally to include a gymnasium and a 600 seat auditorium.
Located in Vancouver's East side at 504 East Hastings, Ferrara Court was the residence of Mary Livingston and many other Jewish families. Mary first met Benny Kubelsky (Jack Benny), a vaudeville performer, at a Passover seder at her family's home at Ferrara Court.
Werner Bick escaped Germany in 1939 to Santiago, Chile. His wife Ingrid joined him after spending the war years in a Russian camp. The couple moved to British Columbia's Fraser Valley in 1969 to opperate a 62-1/2 acre dairy farm at 7435-264th Street (Country Line Road), Aldergrove, BC.