Black and white image of boys at Camp Hatikvah in south Surrey, BC. Group photograph of eight boys at camp, walking double-file down a stairway; three are wearing cadet-style caps with the Magen David. Crescent Beach Camp was dedicated in July 1937. In 1946, the camp was sold to the Zionist Organization of British Columbia and became Camp Hatikvah ("camp of hope"). The camp later relocated to Oyama in the Okanagan Valley, reopening on July 1, 1956.