The first Vancouver Peretz School opened in 1945 at Thirteenth Avenue and Birch, with the objectives of providing a secular education in Jewish history, literature, culture and traditions with an emphasis on Yiddish (See the Jewish Western Bulletin, 22 September 1960, p. 20). Back L-R: Lil Slobod, Matilda Porte, Rachel Korn, Susie Dodek, Sara Sarkin, Bernice Abramson. Front L-R: Anne Wyne, Sarah Stone, Sara Rubin, Lucy Lacterman, Bunny Braverman, Galya Chud.
Vancouver's oldest extant pharmacy, located at 15 East Hastings Street.
Located in Vancouver's East side at 504 East Hastings, Ferrara Court was the residence of Mary Livingston and many other Jewish families. Mary first met Benny Kubelsky (Jack Benny), a vaudeville performer, at a Passover seder at her family's home at Ferrara Court.
When the Jewish community in Trail disbanded, this Menorah was donated to a local church.
Werner Bick escaped Germany in 1939 to Santiago, Chile. His wife Ingrid joined him after spending the war years in a Russian camp. The couple moved to British Columbia's Fraser Valley in 1969 to opperate a 62-1/2 acre dairy farm at 7435-264th Street (Country Line Road), Aldergrove, BC.