Kady Gambitz opened his first store in 1858 on the West side of Yates Street. In December 1859 he opened a new store on Yates near the corner of Government Street. The store is showed in this engraving (second from the left), between the Adelphi Saloon and the Bank of British North America. Businesses left to right; Adelphi Saloon, Kady Gambitz's dry goods; Bank of Britsh North America; Moor & Co., Druggists on Yates and Langley; Hibben and Carswell; Langley Bros. Druggists; Auction House on Wharf.Kady Gambitz opened his first store in 1858 on the West side of Yates Street.
Black and white image of an advertisement.