Jewish Historical Society of B.C. photograph collection
Black and white portrait of Henry Nathan Jr.
Black and white image of eight men standing in front of clothing store with sign reading "CLOTHING DIRECTOR, COHEN & CO." L-R: Mr. Grossman, Louis Ripstein, Harry Frome, Charlie Cohen, Maurice Cohen, Isidore Director, William Zackon, and Morris Soskin.
L-R: VON Nurse; Mrs. M M. (Dorothy) Grossman; VON Nurse Sybil Gardiner; Dr. John R. Davies, paediatrician; Mrs. H. J. (Cecile) Allen; Mrs. A. (Alice) Lyone. 13 November 1927 celebrated the opening of the free baby clinic at the National Council of Jewish Women Neighbourhood House. The clinic was chaired by M. H. Eva Brotman and operated of Dr. F.T. Underhill, a city medical office. Dr. Davies provided services voluntarily. The clinic included a dental department and was in operation 2 days a week.
Many of the Jewish community's leaders of the time are seen in this photograph. L-R: Second row: Sam Rothstein, Reva Katznelson, Ben Shapiro, Dr. Jack Moscovitch, Wm. Nemetz, Nathan Fox, Harold Freeman, Sam Tannenbaum, Dr. M. Fox, Harry Toban, Dave Nemetz. Front row: Myer Freedman, Rabbi J. L. Zlotnik, Dr. J.T. Gorosh, Rabbi S. P. Wohlgelertner.
Mrs. Reinhart served as treasurer of the Ladies' Benevolent Society of San Francisco. In Victoria she was a member of the Hebrew Ladies Society and on the Committee of the Female Infirmary. She lived with her husband Simon on Humboldt Street in Victoria.