Completed in 1921. This was the first substantial Jewish public building in Vancouver, built at a cost of $65,000. Seating six hundred persons, it was large enough to accomodate the entire congregation.
Led by Rabbi P. Wohlgelernter, the Chevra Chovevi Torah are worshipping at regular morning service. top: L-R: Ed Kravitz; Samuel Kravitz. Fourth row: L-R: Yudah Tischler; Itzik Berger; Schmil Hersh (Hayit) Hyatt; Mnachem Mendel Farber; Daniel Yochlowitz. Third row: L-R: Alexander (Berezofsky) Barratt; Isaac Lipovsky; Samuel Klausner; unidentified; Gershen Bobroff. Second row: L-R: Shmuel Gurevitch; Leiser Rome; Maurice Kushner; Solomon Stusser; Maurice Goldberg; Benjamin Baltman. First row: L-R: Abraham Levinson; David Meier Davis; Rabbi Solomon Wohlgelernter; David Morris.